10 YEARS TIME
So as we approach the end of another academic year I've had a bit of time to reflect and ponder over how a whole first year at University has gone. However, as many of my own thinking processes gradually progress they also have a habit of veering very off-topic and drifting off into a completely irrelevant topic. This is just a brief warning that this blog is literally myself thinking out loud.
The first thought that has gone through my mind is how incredible this first year has been. The shear volume of things I've learnt and people I've met has been crazy. The year ends with an element of excitement and enthusiasm for the second year.
There will usually come a time when people get to sit down and ponder their future, have a think about what the next step is and where they want to be. That kind of brings us on to the title of this article. While reading feel free to give this song to put you in the mood so you can enjoy it maximum to affect...
Where do you want to be in 10 years time?
That's right. If I were you I'd grab a scuba diving mask because this blog is going to get exceptionally deep tremendously quickly.
Have you ever had the chance to sit down and ask yourself the following questions...
How many of your friends will you still see in 10 years?
What will change about you in 10 years?
What stage will your career be at?
What does being settled down mean to you?
What kind of person will you be?
That's just 5 simple questions. The answers to these questions will be different for every person showing how everyone is unique. The explanation received when I ask people these questions always fascinate me. From travelling, having a family, being famous amongst many others... It's clear that most people have some sort of plan. An idea of life. These people that I have the luxury of meeting are people with endless talent and illustrious ambition
I don't know the demographic of who reads this or what stage of their life they are at. People make plans at different stages. They are lucky. I'm 19 and still have no idea what I what from life.
That's kind of what makes that question so frightening and nerve-racking. The thought of not knowing what the next 10 years will be like is scary. Will you be successful or failed?
There is no doubt that chances will come along throughout your life and these decisions will either make or break you and affect more people around you then you think.
Those five questions earlier, I have no answers to any of them. The only time I'll be able to give you a formal and reliable answer will be when I'm 29.
Since being at University I've heard quite a lot of people around my age (18 -19) talk about their future plans. How by 29 they want to be "settled down" with families, friends and lifestyles. The stereotypical view of "settling down" is to be married, to have popped out a few kids, to have a animals living within the household and a good social environment. A stereotype that is fading less and less with modern day society but people like to dream.
Thanks Obama.
So yeah, I'm going to wrap up this blog which is a bit shorter than usual. Let me know if anything in this article is actually relatable or just a load of teenage Bristolian gibberish. Also, it would be great to know what and where you people want to be in 10 years time. Whether that be in a cosy house and settled down with a loving family, exploring the super-normalities of the world, having a particularly interesting great career that people will envy or anything else! Let me know via Twitter - @Chippkg
Thanks for reading!
The first thought that has gone through my mind is how incredible this first year has been. The shear volume of things I've learnt and people I've met has been crazy. The year ends with an element of excitement and enthusiasm for the second year.
There will usually come a time when people get to sit down and ponder their future, have a think about what the next step is and where they want to be. That kind of brings us on to the title of this article. While reading feel free to give this song to put you in the mood so you can enjoy it maximum to affect...
Where do you want to be in 10 years time?
That's right. If I were you I'd grab a scuba diving mask because this blog is going to get exceptionally deep tremendously quickly.
Have you ever had the chance to sit down and ask yourself the following questions...
How many of your friends will you still see in 10 years?
What will change about you in 10 years?
What stage will your career be at?
What does being settled down mean to you?
What kind of person will you be?
That's just 5 simple questions. The answers to these questions will be different for every person showing how everyone is unique. The explanation received when I ask people these questions always fascinate me. From travelling, having a family, being famous amongst many others... It's clear that most people have some sort of plan. An idea of life. These people that I have the luxury of meeting are people with endless talent and illustrious ambition
I don't know the demographic of who reads this or what stage of their life they are at. People make plans at different stages. They are lucky. I'm 19 and still have no idea what I what from life.
That's kind of what makes that question so frightening and nerve-racking. The thought of not knowing what the next 10 years will be like is scary. Will you be successful or failed?
There is no doubt that chances will come along throughout your life and these decisions will either make or break you and affect more people around you then you think.
Those five questions earlier, I have no answers to any of them. The only time I'll be able to give you a formal and reliable answer will be when I'm 29.
Since being at University I've heard quite a lot of people around my age (18 -19) talk about their future plans. How by 29 they want to be "settled down" with families, friends and lifestyles. The stereotypical view of "settling down" is to be married, to have popped out a few kids, to have a animals living within the household and a good social environment. A stereotype that is fading less and less with modern day society but people like to dream.
Thanks Obama.
So yeah, I'm going to wrap up this blog which is a bit shorter than usual. Let me know if anything in this article is actually relatable or just a load of teenage Bristolian gibberish. Also, it would be great to know what and where you people want to be in 10 years time. Whether that be in a cosy house and settled down with a loving family, exploring the super-normalities of the world, having a particularly interesting great career that people will envy or anything else! Let me know via Twitter - @Chippkg
Thanks for reading!

Comments
Post a Comment