AUGUST IS INSANE
"I would describe Kelston as my biggest achievement to date. To have founded and run the project has had a huge impact on me over the last 5 years, the success stories for the young people involved and the young coaches have made me incredibly proud" - Joe Ryan (founder of Kelston RD Football)
As July comes to close, I thought I'd give people an insight into two projects that I will be involved in for August that I'm excited about for different reasons.
The first project is Kelston Road Football which I will be coaching at for a 5th year running. This initiative may sound familiar to quite a few of you as I produced a different piece on the initiative last year (http://chippsport.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/intiative-like-no-other.html) so if you'd like some details on what the initiative is then you can see in between the brackets.
This year is quite a special one to be part of the initiative. Firstly due to the fact that the initiative is now 5 years old which is sensational. Our goal after the first year was to ensure that the initiative is sustainable. It's safe to say that we've created just that which is something to be proud of.
The initiative is though still looking for investment though and does need financial support to keep running which is pivitol. Something which I asked fellow Kelston coach Louis Ryan about the growth of the initiative...
"To keep Kelston growing their needs to be greater investment of time and resources. This is difficult, as coaches have education/jobs which come first, however I think with the current older lads beginning to coach and volunteer in the project, this allows the project to sustain and grow in itself. More money would support the project to carry on" - Louis Ryan (Kelston Coach)
One of the best ways to help a project such as Kelston grow and sustain is through having fresh and ambitious young coaches come through the initiative. Having young personalities involved in the initiative is vital for so many reasons. This is a topic I also spoke to Joe and Louis about the importance of having young people involved in the initiative.
"The environment at Kelston Rd Football is perfect for young coaches to develop their coaching skills. The opportunity to deliver sessions for children of many ages and abilities is the perfect grounding to develop their knowledge and experience" - Joe Ryan
"Benefits are the obvious confidence, organisation and intra personal skills, although I believe this projects offers so much more leading into the Football Futures project, Somerset FA Youth Council and other coaching/volunteering opportunities that wouldn't be on offer without experience in a project like this" - Louis Ryan
Below is a short video on some of the other quotes I got from people last year if you're interested...
It wouldn't be fair or correct if we didn't ask young leaders who have been involved in the project what they originally thought and what they gained from working on the initiative. So who better to ask then Eliot Saunders.
So, if you're a young person reading this and need something to do over August which is positive and is beneficial then please don't be afraid to drop by and meet us at Kelston even if it is at a playing or coaching capacity! We want more people involved. There are other details that can be found by tweeting to @KelstonRDFball
As if you needed more reason to be involved this August then why not come down and support our own Nick Dewfall take on the BraveTheShave challenge. The BraveTheShave challenge is simply having your head shaved in order to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support and to back all the marvelous that they do. So please donate to Nick and feel free to come down and support him on the 20th August! (https://bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/nick-dewfall/)
That isn't the only project I will be involved in over August as I will be screwing my media head on to create some promotional/fun videos for the Fleet Town Soccer School. Which is incredibly exciting.
Fleet Town Soccer School was a project run between the Hampshire FA Young Peoples Forum and Fleet Town Football Club. Now, I've been lucky enough to be involved with the HFAYPF as a team set up the project to allow girls to engage themselves in football. Our first run out in Easter for the project was a great success and is now moving onto the summer week which will hopefully produce similar results.
For me, this project will be quite interesting with me dropping the coaching side and exploring the media side for the project. So, I have a few video ideas lined up and will be preparing to Tweet like a mad man again throughout that week on @HampshireFAYPF account. So, please keep a look out for updates during that camp and hopefully a few more blogs that will be coming up. More details about the Fleet Town Soccer School can be found on the Hampshire FA website or by tweeting @HampshireFAYPF
That's all for this quick update.
Thanks for reading
Twitter - @ChippKG
Instagram - ChippKG
As July comes to close, I thought I'd give people an insight into two projects that I will be involved in for August that I'm excited about for different reasons.
The first project is Kelston Road Football which I will be coaching at for a 5th year running. This initiative may sound familiar to quite a few of you as I produced a different piece on the initiative last year (http://chippsport.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/intiative-like-no-other.html) so if you'd like some details on what the initiative is then you can see in between the brackets.
This year is quite a special one to be part of the initiative. Firstly due to the fact that the initiative is now 5 years old which is sensational. Our goal after the first year was to ensure that the initiative is sustainable. It's safe to say that we've created just that which is something to be proud of.
The initiative is though still looking for investment though and does need financial support to keep running which is pivitol. Something which I asked fellow Kelston coach Louis Ryan about the growth of the initiative...
"To keep Kelston growing their needs to be greater investment of time and resources. This is difficult, as coaches have education/jobs which come first, however I think with the current older lads beginning to coach and volunteer in the project, this allows the project to sustain and grow in itself. More money would support the project to carry on" - Louis Ryan (Kelston Coach)
One of the best ways to help a project such as Kelston grow and sustain is through having fresh and ambitious young coaches come through the initiative. Having young personalities involved in the initiative is vital for so many reasons. This is a topic I also spoke to Joe and Louis about the importance of having young people involved in the initiative.
"The environment at Kelston Rd Football is perfect for young coaches to develop their coaching skills. The opportunity to deliver sessions for children of many ages and abilities is the perfect grounding to develop their knowledge and experience" - Joe Ryan
"Benefits are the obvious confidence, organisation and intra personal skills, although I believe this projects offers so much more leading into the Football Futures project, Somerset FA Youth Council and other coaching/volunteering opportunities that wouldn't be on offer without experience in a project like this" - Louis Ryan
Below is a short video on some of the other quotes I got from people last year if you're interested...
It wouldn't be fair or correct if we didn't ask young leaders who have been involved in the project what they originally thought and what they gained from working on the initiative. So who better to ask then Eliot Saunders.
"I personally found the project a confidence building process and I am now hoping to build on this for the future. Kelston also introduced me to other young leaders and other courses and opportunities for me to experience." Eliot Saunders (Player/Young Leader)
So, if you're a young person reading this and need something to do over August which is positive and is beneficial then please don't be afraid to drop by and meet us at Kelston even if it is at a playing or coaching capacity! We want more people involved. There are other details that can be found by tweeting to @KelstonRDFball
As if you needed more reason to be involved this August then why not come down and support our own Nick Dewfall take on the BraveTheShave challenge. The BraveTheShave challenge is simply having your head shaved in order to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support and to back all the marvelous that they do. So please donate to Nick and feel free to come down and support him on the 20th August! (https://bravetheshave.org.uk/shavers/nick-dewfall/)
That isn't the only project I will be involved in over August as I will be screwing my media head on to create some promotional/fun videos for the Fleet Town Soccer School. Which is incredibly exciting.
Fleet Town Soccer School was a project run between the Hampshire FA Young Peoples Forum and Fleet Town Football Club. Now, I've been lucky enough to be involved with the HFAYPF as a team set up the project to allow girls to engage themselves in football. Our first run out in Easter for the project was a great success and is now moving onto the summer week which will hopefully produce similar results.
For me, this project will be quite interesting with me dropping the coaching side and exploring the media side for the project. So, I have a few video ideas lined up and will be preparing to Tweet like a mad man again throughout that week on @HampshireFAYPF account. So, please keep a look out for updates during that camp and hopefully a few more blogs that will be coming up. More details about the Fleet Town Soccer School can be found on the Hampshire FA website or by tweeting @HampshireFAYPF
That's all for this quick update.
Thanks for reading
Twitter - @ChippKG
Instagram - ChippKG


Comments
Post a Comment